2018 Autumn Tour....The Bigger Than Texas Tour.

Col

2018 Autumn Tour....The Bigger Than Texas Tour.

Post by Col »

During Reddo’s 2017 Autumn Tour last April there was some discussion about where the 2018 Tour could be, taking into consideration that V V Nats are on in Wangaratta from the 20th April 2018.We felt that now was a good time to host a tour through Victoria, timing it so that it ended at Wangaratta on the 20th .
What we have come up with is a route that starts on Friday 13th in Nowa Nowa in East Gippsland, on the Princes Hwy, at the iconic Nowa Nowa Caravan Park, check this out, I think it’s made for us http://www.nowanowa.com/caravan-and-camp/
We then travel via Bruthen, Bairnsdale,Sale,Trafalgar, Glen Cromie, and Powelltown, to Warburton, arriving there on the16th where we will spend three nights.This is a great area to see, lots to do, or just do nothing.
We then travel to Yea, via Toolangi, to Molesworth for our last night , before heading off to Wangaratta on the 20th, and just for John, we will stop to feel the serenity.
Along the way we have found plenty to see and wonder at, so we are calling the tour The Bigger Than Texas Tour, you will see the Tallest, The Longest, The Oldest, The most ??,and The Weirdest.
As we will be on some smaller windy roads we will be keeping the number of participants to a total of ten, so if this week fits in with your plans, please put your name down early.
Forgot to say, dogs are more than welcome, and at the finish Col and I will be booking into a dog friendly van park either at Wangaratta or close by so that we can visit the Nats for a day before we head back home,maybe Glenrowan CP, we will let you know which one so that you can book in as well if it suits you.

Col and Kris, the Kaybee’s.
philmac

Re: 2018 Autumn Tour....The Bigger Than Texas Tour.

Post by philmac »

gday col and kris
could you please put phil and veronica down for a spot on the tour as we would love to be a part of it after having a great time on reddos tour ,cant wait!!!! just wondering what the end result was with the pickup trouble when you got home ? all good i hope.also hows the new van coming along ?
cheers phil and veronica
Col

Post by Col »

Hi Phil,turned out the problem was a wax buildup in the engine oil....took some finding and also took some time to heat up the oilpan to get the glue like oil out....once it was out and the filter changed,I ran it with clean oil and warmed it up ,then drained it out...did that twice and then refilled it with Penrite again. It's been good as gold ever since, but I did trash the starter the morning after we got back just trying to turn the engine over. Put a new one on and it still wouldn't turn over properly,that's when I went searching for alternative reasons for non starting. My little book on PL Gas troubleshooting listed a number of "options".... :) ,among them the waxed up oil which I'd never heard of before. I'd already done everything else listed,so I figured I'd check the oil, pulled the dipstick and it was a little blob of grease on the end :shock: . Learn sumthin' new every day!! :lol:
I'm thinking I might pay a little more attention to oil change intervals! :lol: If the Chevy was the truck we were intending to take on the run instead of our other one which got the full service prior to shitting itself, then the Chevy would have got it's oil change and all the other stuff checked and attended to,instead it got a quick check of fluid levels and tyres pumped up and away we went with the van in tow.......
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hey Col and Kris.
Would love to come on your Texas tour, since we missed out on Reddos tour this year Iam looking forward to getting away again. (even though its 9 months away.) :roll: :roll: :roll:
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
jennison

Post by jennison »

Sounds the go Col please mark me down.
I will check with keepsake too since he is coming up from Tassy
Thanks
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Dear Tour Organizers...
I have a concern... :roll:

I thought i had already met the weirdest of just about everything since signing up to the vintage caravan movement 11 years ago ...:lol:
But if you are promising that i will see even morerer .. long ..tall.. old weirdos on the " Bigger than Texas Tour"....... :shock: well then...
Ya better count me in pardners... :D

Can't wait.
Reddo
Col

Post by Col »

Seems like an Autumn Tour is a popular thing to do, we have 9 tourists already :lol:
Joining us, the Kaybees, we have philmac,Reddo,Strugglebrook,smiles,jennison,sutcac and Richard,with brendo as a maybe, welcome everyone.
The only van park that I think we would be wise to book early is whichever one we choose in Wangaratta, for those that aren't entering the Nats.Our choice is between Glenrowan, 18 minutes, or North Cedars in Wangaratta, only 5 minutes from the Nats venue, both of these are dog friendly.

https://www.big4.com.au/caravan-parks/v ... liday-park

http://www.glenrowanpark.com.au/

Let me know if you have a preference.

Kaybee Kris.

Oh, and Reddo...wait for the weirdest. :lol:
humpty

Post by humpty »

Humpties are definite starters Col....with dog.
Col

Post by Col »

And Humpties make ten......booking office is closed :lol:
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Kaybees

North Cedars gets my vote. Close to everything in town .
Reddo