Huskisson Beach Tourist Park 25,26 August 2017.

Richard

Huskisson Beach Tourist Park 25,26 August 2017.

Post by Richard »

I have been contacted via facebook about a car show that is being held at the Huskisson Tourist park over the weekend of the 25th and the 26th of August. The car show entrants are booking the 55 cabins, and to make the weekend more interesting vintage vanners have been invited to attend the weekend as well. The tourist park is offering a special deal to vintage caravanners of a powered ensuit site for three nights for $90. The park isnt taking general bookings for that weekend so it will just be cars (vintage / modified.) and vintage caravans.
If you would like more info there is some on the Vintage Caravans facebook page or just send me an email at thetrodler@yahoo.com.au.
Or if you would like even more info call 02 44062040.
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
jennison

Re: Huskisson Beach Tourist Park 25,26 August 2017.

Post by jennison »

It's atop spot Richard right on the bay. stayed there a bit with my son fishing when he was young. We used to free camp/sleep in the open sleeping under the enclosed picnic table shelters in the public park nextdoor which had open gate access to the van park toilets and showers! Bet you can't swing that lurk now. Great fish n chips down the road too.pencil me in for now, but I will have to confirm later down the track as I head off OS a week later
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard
Yep... I am interested... put me down as a definite maybe.
Huskisson is just down near Nowra.
Dont know wether the bionic left knee will be functioning properly by then... but i certainlay hope so.

Will phone the 44 number you have provided and see whats doing??

Cheers
Reddo
philmac

Post by philmac »

gday richard
yes phil and veronica are interested as it is nice little place . we will give them a ring and see whats happening thanks
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi
I havent contacted the organisers yet.

Something else is on the same weekend at Bulli Showground. Swapmeet and Auction of some very desirable motorbikes ( not that i can afford any of em ) over 3 days .. August 25,26.27.

I'm thinking maybe book into Coledale Beach reserve and spend Fri, sat, sund there .. then head home???

Not sure what i am doing.. but thats par for the course with me :D
Reddo
griffin

Post by griffin »

We have booked for this one, hope to see a few there.

And Richard, is that your van and FJ I saw on the promo for Building Australia on the ABC on 23 June? I suppose a van is a form of holiday home.

George
Richard

Post by Richard »

Sure is George. Dont forget to watch Friday at 8 pm.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Ok Dudes...
I'm in the Huskisson Beach Tourist Park Bicky tin.
Just contacted them and booked site 85 for Friday , saturday and sunday night. ( what site are you on George)
Will probably plod on down to Coledale Beach Camping Reserve on Thursday and do some reminscing about the good old days ...overnight there... makes for an easy run on Friday morning.

The manager at Husky tells me the whole idea of the weekend of cars and vans is to raise money for the local Little Nippers Surf Clubbys... so its all for a good cause. 8-)

Here is the park map...
There is 8 ensuite sites
https://huskissonbeach.holidayhaven.com ... 202017.pdf
Only 6 left ...!!!! :o :shock:
Hurry.. hurry.. hurry

They are hoping to get a good response from the old van fraternity.. So if i can get my skates on and put in a 6 hour tow, those of you that live closer have no excuse not to get your shirt together and come on down...... ya just gotta... otherwise me n Griffin are gunna have a lotta fizzy drinks between us ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Janetteandtony

Post by Janetteandtony »

Good morning all
Janette and Tony have booked in for the Huskisson weekend and are looking forward to it.
Just a little call out to those musicians in the group to bring along your instruments for (hopefully) a little fun jam session sometime over the weekend.
Tony plays the weisenborn (slide) guitar and I will be on guitar. We play old, hawaiian, french, funtime sing a long songs (all in the key of D) as the weisenborn is a D tuned instrument!
If you play uke or guitar or any other instrument, and wanna have a bit of fun, give us a hoy so we can meet up and have a strum!
Please don't be shy.
Tony and Janette
We're growing older but not up!
philmac

Post by philmac »

gda all
phil and veronica have booked in for three nights from friday . should be a good weekend .
whats casper doing reddo? if they havn,t got a drive thru site i,m sure he could make one for them :lol: :lol: :lol: