2018 nats at Wangaratta

jennison

2018 nats at Wangaratta

Post by jennison »

Looking forwards to a tour to (and back) from the 2018 Nats.
My suggestion.... 2 or 3 day tour to get there...3 night stay at Wangaratta to catch up with all and then back on road for 2 or 3 nights before back home.
Enjoyed the Nats last year but enjoyed the tour as much if not more
Jenno
reddo

Re: 2018 nats at Wangaratta

Post by reddo »

Hi Jeff

The Nats van park is not dog friendly.. :( and from all accounts a bit exxy at $55 / night ? .. add the cost of booking your hound into a pet-o-tel pound for 3 days and the costs soon mount up. I reckon there would be a fair few that would not even entertain the thought of locking thier pets away for the 3 days.
Given that a fair few of the people who have travelled with us on V.C and OTP tours over the years ...travel with their pets , i would suggest if someone ( not me this time) was considering a tour and stay at the www.vintagecaravans nats , they would need to keep this in mind.

Seeing as though you have cast the first stone .. its over to you
Cheers
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi
I have had a few phone calls and "pm"s from people re what to do about a tour next year.
After mulling over all the alternatives i feel that we will still have an OTP tour ..somewhere in 2018....Just not at the same time as the other forums nats..
Couple of reasons for that.
1.. The other forums Nats are on during the NSW school holidays this automatically means more traffic on the road ,higher fees at the van parks, less spots to set up at free camps.
2. All of the tours i have organised have ensured that all stop overs are dog friendly. This has meant missing out on staying at some magnificent National Park camp sites.. but its a small price to pay to ensure that people can keep their K9 mates with them at all time.
3. It gives those that wish to go to the other forums Nats AND on a 2018 tour the opportunity to do both .. or one or the other???.
I know at least one bloke that the above senario would suit ....
How could Jennison resist the idea of having a row of Jennisons all parked up at the Nats. ???... Given that he loves the tours as well, it would allow him to do both ... providing he has enough annual leave stocked up[ !!!

Given that we have been down through the Snowys a few years ago... and are heading back partially through the same country in a month or sos time . I feel that a 3rd tour in the same area would be a bit pointless.
Just a reminder here that Ken Koala is advertising for starters for a tour to the other forums Nats from Canberra to Wangaratta via JIndabyne , Khancoban, Corryong, Myrtlefords etc.. what a ripper of a run that would be. 8-)

A few have expressed interest in North eastern NSW with a mix of high country stays and coastal village stopovers.. both free camping and van parks.
Places like Yamba fishermans haven, Evans Head , Nambucca white albatross on the coast, Tenterfield, Walcha Armidale up the mountains ??

Anyway ... i reckon there is a few people booked in at the chiropractors getting treatment for "Knee Jerk reactions" caused by no dogs, school holidays, and higher than normal van park fees.
All will recover in time for a 2018 Tour ... and that is at least 13 months away. plenty of time to catch up at van getogethers and iron out the wrinkles.

Regards
Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

Excellent thoughts Reddo. Yes indeed to line the 53 up with a 61 and a 48 pathfinder is a photo opportunity too good to miss but the lure of the tour is right up there too so looking forward to doing both next year. Hope you make an appearance even for a few days at Wang, the show would be the poorer without your appearance onsite!
Jenno
Richard

Post by Richard »

reddo wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:00 am All will recover in time for a 2018 Tour ... and that is at least 13 months away.
Yes I think between now and 2018 we may be able to organise something.

I have been looking and there are two other parks at Wangaratta that take dogs so at the very least a drop in may be on the cards.

And as for the 2018 ourtouringpast.com Anniversary tour, it will be a special one as it will be the forums 10th anniversary, and they said it wouldnt last. :D :D :D
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard

Have ordered 2 stickers on the gold fever tour posts.
Rather than type all names and phone numbers of those going on the tour i will phone you ..... probably sunday arvo... or reply with best time to call you ???, and i will read off the names and contact numbers .

The only 2 i dont have numbers for are
Don Ricardo and Darrell small.
Darrel is about the same size as me so an XL will fit him.

Thanks heaps for the effort with shirts and stickers.

Not sure what to do about going to Wang for the Nats. Might just drive down in the panno and stay ion a cabin.. that'll confuse em.

Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

I've got DonRs contact details Reddo I'll pass them on today when we talk
Regards
Jeff