Kurri Kurri Nostalgia Festival 24-26 March 2017

BlueBird

Kurri Kurri Nostalgia Festival 24-26 March 2017

Post by BlueBird »

Hi everyone,

The Kurri Kurri Nostalgia Festival is an Annual Event in Kurri Kurri NSW.

It's now in it's second decade and has established itself as one of the Hunter's premier festivals.

It features all things rock n roll, cars, music, fashion and dancing.

I have contacted the organisers and they have told me that they are interested in having some vintage caravans on display on Sunday 26 March 2017.

Shaun and I are interested in going and we'd love to see some more vans there as well.

If you are interested, please let me know and then please register your interest with the organiser Lesley Morris, Event Manager directly via email: kknf.cars@gmail.com

Lesley has told me that they may be able to accommodate the vans overnight (Saturday might) if self contained, that he needs to speak to the Show and Shine Committee who meet next on 4th February 2017.

Thanks

Monica :) :) )
reddo

Re: Kurri Kurri Nostalgia Festival 24-26 March 2017

Post by reddo »

Hi Monica
Yup.. Kurri Festival has grown into a big event. I have attended in past years with either the car and van ... or maybe Trish and i ride the old bikes up for the day

. I met "Philmac"- Phill and Veronica there a few years ago when they first got involved with the old van scene.
As i live about a 1/2hr drive away from Kurri i usually just get up early on the sunday morning ( about 4.00am :shock: ) and drive straight into my usual parking spot beside the pub about half way along the main street on the corner. ( Not the pub near the round about). This street is set aside for cars and van as well as the occassional hot rod bus etc... long vehicles. Its the only spot with parallel parking. The rest of the streets are all angle parking... not suitable for car and van combos.

I have managed to avoid the entry fee on some occasions as i am there before the committee start blocking off the streets with water filled barriers . I usually get away with it by saying i camped there last night after a big session at the pub... didnt wanna drink n drive 8-)
I think the booking / entry fee is something like $20 .

Keep me informed on what the committee are doing with the cars and vans this year. I will probably come along this year with EH panno and Supalite.

If you nag "Strugglebrooks they might turn up as well.

Cheers
Reddo
BlueBird

Post by BlueBird »

Hi Reddo,

That sounds great. We'd love to see you there too.

We've heard a lot about the Festival, but haven't been ourselves yet

I'll let you know what the committee says about the overnight camping.

Monica
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Bluebird

Havent heard back from you.??
I am heading up there shortly ( 6.00am sunday morning ) .
Committee tells me there is 4 vint vans registered for the day..
I will pay when i get there.... making it 5 vans
Apparently someone is bring a 1950s motorhome which is rumoured to have been owned by Doris Day.. 8-)
Will get some happy snaps of that one for sure..

See ya there... Maybe ??
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Great day out..
Not many car / van combos but the lack of van fodder was made up for by a cameo appearance from MRFJ55 Maurie and Kate in the FJ convertible.
and
Doris Day.
wellllll not actual Doris day,,, but her motorhome...

Coupla other vans and cars ...
Murrumba star...

Stay awake Trish.. stay awake..

Got the sticker ... bought the T shirt... got a few leads on 60s vans .. 16ft sunliner etc....

Thats all
Not much happening here... move along now.
aquamum

Post by aquamum »

Great photos Reddo...as usual

Love that Black sled :)