Vintage Caravan Magazine.

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
Richard

Vintage Caravan Magazine.

Post by Richard »

Very sad news from Lisa at Vintage Caravan Magazine, it seems as though Lisa will cease printing the magazine, blaming declining subscriptions and escalating expenses.
VCM.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Re: Vintage Caravan Magazine.

Post by griffin »

Hi Richard

It's a shame this publication has bitten the dust but it seems that publishing is a hard game to make a quid from. I haven't seen an issue in local newsagents for a couple of years. Hopefully Time to Roam is heading the same way, a local newsagent was stocking it for a couple of months now it too has gone.

I know you have had dealings with Lisa and the magazine production, maybe you could suggest a digital publication. The producer of RETROAUTOS published his first three issues only and ran into difficulty. He moved to the digital platform in the link and has powered on at a very low cost each month. I don't know how he makes money apart from advertising, speaking to him he didn't seem to care much as it just allowed him to follow his passion.
The link I've provided takes you to the Sept 2016 issue featuring my collection of Vauxhalls, so it's worth a read, I think. I thought he did a great job of tying my cars to other information and prototype photos.
He has now moved from this platform and is now publishing in conjunction with Shannon's on their club site.

George