Caravan Club of Australia Plate

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
reddo

Caravan Club of Australia Plate

Post by reddo »

Hi

Just a quick question..
Can anyone tell me is there correct position on our vans to display a "Caravan Club Of Australia" membership plate.??

And.... before anyone tells me i cant display my plate . I will say i have previously had discussion with a few people who are / where members of this club and ... besides being slightly disgruntled with the original owner of the plate for discarding it instead of handing it in........ There is little they can do about someone else displaying the plate.

I bought it off a bloke who approached me back in the days when we use to go to NRMA motorfest.. ( remember that :roll: ??) He had bought a wooden canoe at a garage sale... he took the canoe home and rolled it over to wash it ,,, and the plate fell out.
He contacted the garage saler who didnt wanna know about it??...

As acknowledgement of the concerns of the C.CA members , i have asked the question about where the plates where displayed.... not so i can fit it that position.... moreso that i dont display it in the correct position and be accused ( not only by the caravan club of Australia ) using the defunked plate irresponsibly...

Never use to bother me years ago..... i just fitted it on my vans where ever i pleased,
I must be mellowing out :roll: :lol: ;)

Reddo
griffin

Re: Caravan Club of Australia Plate

Post by griffin »

Me thinks you think too much Reddo, just put the thing on where it can be best seen and enjoyed.

There was a Herald Caravan Club badge at the swap last weekend but at $145 I thought I could live without it.

George
reddo

Re: Caravan Club of Australia Plate

Post by reddo »

Hi Griffin
In the past i have just bunged it on where ever it suited me.

I was going to put it on the rear of the Supalite next to the left side indicator.....
or
above the front side window on the left...... But that is where i want to put the name of the van.

might just bung it up on a wall inside the van....

Hmmmm...or.....put it on the ebay side. :lol:

Reddo