Logging In to the Forum. (process explained.)

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
Richard

Logging In to the Forum. (process explained.)

Post by Richard »

Website Login.

I have had a few people with problems when they are logging in to the forum so I thought I would show the process of logging in.

Login

Firstly you need to remember your username. This is the name you used when you registered with the forum.

Secondly you need to remember the password that you registered with. As the forum security gets updated you will also keep in mind that when setting a password it would have asked that you use at least one capital letter and one number in the password, these need to be used identically when typing in the password.

The image below shows where the username and password needs to be typed in once you have clicked on the login button near the top of the page.
web login 1.jpg
Forgotten Password.

If you have forgotten your password all is not lost. Simply click on the “I forgot my password” under the box where you type in your password.

The I forgot my password button.
web login 2.jpg
This will take you to the “Send Password” page where you type in your username along with the email address you used when you registered with the forum.

The send password page.
web login 3.jpg
Incorrect Username or Password.

Then if you do type in an incorrect username or password the forum will ask that you retype your username and password, THEN for security reasons it will ask you AGAIN to retype your username and password as well as a CAPTCHA. The CAPTCHA is a question that you need to answer to confirm that you are human, and once this is done you will be logged in. (The forum will only ask you to do this if you get your username or password wrong when logging in)

The username, password along with the CAPTCHA need to be filled in.
web login 4.jpg
Then if all else fails email me thetrodler@yahoo.com.au and let me know what the problem is and Ill fix it.
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.