Website Dedication.

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
Richard

Website Dedication.

Post by Richard »

After losing my Dad on the 8/8/15 I have dedicated the ourtouringpast website and face book page to him.
Dad was a hard worker that instilled these qualities into his four kids. He loved his family and never wanted to miss out on anything that we were doing from activities with the kids in the early days to later times when we were renovating etc, he may not have been the best handyman but he was always there with some helpful advise.
He also loved to take the family on holidays, and for two weeks twice a year the 6 of us would pile into the car and head of to a destination that Mum and Dad had previously worked out. I have such fond memories of these times and I think its is part of the reason that we are all so close.
Dad was the inspiration to start the history side of caravanning, and I hope I have made him proud.

Leslie Potter. 27/10/32 - 8/8/15.
Dad.JPG
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
DC3TD

Re: Website Dedication.

Post by DC3TD »

Condolences to your Family. A fine looking father indeed. He would be very proud of you i`m sure.
griffin

Post by griffin »

Sincere condolences to you and your family Richard. I'm sure your Dad would be proud of what you have achieved in your business and the preservation of caravans, as well as presenting him with two lovely grand kids.

George and Barbara.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thank you so much for your thoughts.
We actually have had a terrible couple of weeks as Linda lost her Grandmother and we lost Dad 4 days later, so we had 2 funerals to attend last week, so as you could imagine it wasnt a good week. :cry: :cry: :cry:
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Col

Post by Col »

Sincere condolences to both you and Linda on your loses, Richard.It's sad that we won't see your Dad at any more VV events, but what a legacy he has left , all stemming from your memories of those wonderful family caravanning holidays.

Colin and Kris.
jennison

Post by jennison »

Sorry to hear your news Richard, a tough week for both of you
Keep at it
Jenno