plywood?

For Sale and Wanted of Historic Caravans or Early Holden Items.

plywood?

Post by 666 »

Hi, I have been planning a teardrop for a while now and its time to start. I have made a full size profile from a caravan floor. What I am after is a sheet of ply 3/8" thick and 10'x5'. Anyone got a floor from a wrecked van I could cut that size from?
reddo

Re: plywood?

Post by reddo »

Hi 666
Mate.. the standard size for most ply is 1220 x 2440.
You wont get a one piece sheet 10'5"long.
Having said that .. they do make larger sheets.. but i think they are special order and cost a fortune.
Better off just buying 2 sheets of ply and have a join on one of the van floor frame cross supports.

I done the same thing when i built my first TD years ago ( used an old 10ft van chassis and rolling stock )
Reddo

Post by 666 »

Hi, thanks for the reply. I found the same, thats why I was chasing used. A friend was wrecking a van and I grabbed the floor. One large piece of ply that I cut my profile from. My problem has been finding another floor piece to cut the second piece.
PS, Finding a old chassis in sound order is also on my to find list. The project has stalled for way to long. Peter.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi 666
I have a complete 12ft van chassis which i bought off of Humpty2 a while back. He had started to cut off the" öutriggers "on either side of the chassis to narrow it down for a TD project. Still have leaf springs attached and there is an axle with drum brakes attached .. early Holden stud pattern...
Yours for $50 ..Cannot be towed.. axle separated from springs etc
Questions are.. Is this what you are after, where do you live, and are you willing to travel to collect??

Cheers
Reddo

Post by 666 »

Hi Reddo, Yes it is, I live up near Forster and will be down Newcastle either Thursday or Friday next week with a car float picking up a chassis for my son. Thanks Peter.