Wanted Cargill caravanette parts

For Sale and Wanted of Historic Caravans or Early Holden Items.

Wanted Cargill caravanette parts

Post by 666 »

Hi, I just got a Cargill camper trailer and chasing a few parts. Does anyone have anything laying around they wish to sell?
Richard

Re: Wanted Cargill caravanette parts

Post by Richard »

Hi Peter
And welcome to the forum. I did see a month or two ago on Gumtree that someone had the canvas section to a Gargill for sale, and maybe they had other bits as well. If you do a bit of delving into Gumtree using the key words "vintage caravan" it may still be there, from memory I think it was in Perth if that helps.
Cheers.
PS Has the postie left you something yet?
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.

Post by 666 »

Thanks Richard, yes and all transferred. I looked up Gumtree and there is only one west NSW, buy and use.

Post by 666 »

Hi, Still chasing parts, please let me what you have.
Carol

Post by Carol »

I have a Cargill Caravanette currently listed on Gumtree. I live in Newcastle. I have all canvases and poles for trailer and annexe. Our original trailer was stolen. I bought another Cargill Australia trailer but it had the fittings (frame and side walls) removed. Therefore the trailer needs modifying to make it functional for camping.
aquamum

Post by aquamum »

666 wrote:Hi, I just got a Cargill camper trailer and chasing a few parts. Does anyone have anything laying around they wish to sell?

I have a rusty Cargill Caravanette trailer with Holden rims I think. I also have a canvas awning too.

I'm in Sydney where are you ?

Post by 666 »

Hi, Thanks but we just sold our camper, we are building a teardrop to replace it. Getting to old to muck around with canvas campers.