WANTED: Bedford CF Van

For Sale and Wanted of Historic Caravans or Early Holden Items.
reddo

WANTED: Bedford CF Van

Post by reddo »

Hi All

There is a big vintage motorbike toy Hauler shaped hole in my life at the moment.

Was considering building another oversized Teardrop caravan or maybe mangle a 70s onward Aluminium van and put a large rear door in it.
But.. i figured i could buy a complete Bedford CF or CFs ( Dual wheel version) for less.
Trouble is.. they are a bit thin on the ground. Having looking for a while now and most that turn up on "The bay " or elsewhere are full of rust !!
Need something that is still acceptable as a Vintage van hauler as well??.. OK .. Bedfords arent exactly classic cars .. but being pre 80s they wouldnt look too out of place in front of an old van... big and boxy like a van.

So.. if ya know of any.. or come across one for sale in your travels please let me know.
Other alternative is a mid 60s Thames van.. there was one for sale in Brisbane and i goofed off .. didnt bid.. it had a 186 motor

Other variants on pre 80s vans may be considered..... no jap stuff

Needs to have at least 1400 mm from floor to rear door top hinges and preferably at least 1200 wide across the door opening.. bearing in mind that the van width is wider than he door opening by about another 400 to 500 mm .
Need enough room width wise inside the van to fit motorbike and single bed.

Cheers
Reddo
Richard

Re: WANTED: Bedford CF Van

Post by Richard »

Not a bad idea Reddo.
You can sleep/carry motorbike and if work gets a bit slack as a side line you could always sell ice cream or pies. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Dear oh Dear..
Overall dimensions are good....
Price is a bit out there considering its unregistered with seats... screwed in
Wiring.. rust.. ummm.. nup.. probably not for me.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/79-CF-Bedfor ... Sw7pNZm~Mj
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hmmmm.
A bit more acceptable ... almost acceptable at a Vint van rally.... NO.... OK then.
I wander if the very low reserve is the start price $0.99 :shock:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1974-Bedford ... 0005.m1851
GR