Astronaut 15/5 for sale.

For Sale and Wanted of Historic Caravans or Early Holden Items.
griffin

Astronaut 15/5 for sale.

Post by griffin »

Sadly I have to thin the collection, and 'she who must' has declared the Astronaut her least favourite van :o

Fully registered, TA31YY, to August 2018, single bed layout, includes full annex, cover, spare tyre and new microwave.

This van only has 240V, no 12v lighting. Original gas plumbing for light, heater and stove (stove included) in place but not connected.
Astronaut.jpg
Hope this lovely (in my view) van finds a home with a Forum member.

Not listed elsewhere at this stage.

George
Strugglebrook

Re: Astronaut 15/5 for sale.

Post by Strugglebrook »

Lovely van George, hope it goes to a good home.
Best regards JD. :D :D :D
griffin

Re:Olympic Debonair, homebuilt bondwood and Astronaut 15/5 for sale.

Post by griffin »

The mobility of 'she who must' continues to decline to the point that caravanning as a past time has reached an end for us so the collection may as well go.
Details of the Astronaut already posted.

The Debonair Olympic is a single bed configuration with full annex and full rego to Feb 2019. New springs, shackles, brakes and 13" light truck tyres, great to tow. Top and roof original fibreglass finish, lower part painted in acrylic. $7500.
Debonair 1592.JPG
1950 16ft homebuilt bondwood, original interior apart from cushions, many unique features, no stove or watertank fitted (stove included), full annex, new 16" light truck tyres, part original, part repainted exterior and roof. $11,500. On NSW conditional registration, not transferrable. Hutchinson Dolly not included but available.

More photos and details, call me, 02-46020301.

George
Attachments
Homemade 4 e.jpg
Geobarb's bondwood.JPG
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi George..

Thats sad news mate. Just wont be the same not having you pair at Vintage van weekends . Although....in saying that , you could always book a cabin or similar and enjoy a weekend or two with us.??

All 3 of the vans are well priced, and i know that you have kept them in excellent condition...Some people are going to get a bargain. I wish you luck with the sales.

Old mate Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

Sorry to hear your news George......
They have cabins at shellharbour too though don’t they, so please don’t lose touch ?!
Regards
Jenno
griffin

Post by griffin »

Thanks Reddo and Jenno

Will have to see how things are come next Shellharbour, a cabin might be OK, a day visit more likely.

I'll still be about and adding bits on the Forum, I'm not that easy to get rid of!

Cheers
George
griffin

Post by griffin »

I'm pleased to say the Olympic has found a new, warmer home with a Forum member at Tweed Heads.

The Astronaut and bondwood are still available and for those who enquired about the Astronaut and may still be interested (or anyone else) I will drop the price by $1000 up to the 21st August. The rego expires on 26th August and with an unexpected health issue requiring surgery sometime after the 21st I would like to see it move on by then. Send a PM or phone, see details above.

cheers

George
reddo

Post by reddo »

Thats good news George..
A few coins back in the bank. Hope the other two find good homes shortly.

Regards
Reddo and Trish
griffin

Post by griffin »

Where to start, a lot has happened since this initial post, but the vans have been thinned to zero in the household now. The bondwood was the last to go a couple of weeks ago, heading off to a new home in SE Qld.

The Astronaut moved out before Christmas to a new home at Bellambi for the moment, the owner hoping to move to the Central Coast soon. It looked good behind it's new tow car, a Chrysler 300 and of course I took a few photos. My befuddled brain found me deleting them by accident while trying to sort out the new digital camera. I contacted the new owner to see if he could send me some only to learn that the first trip away found someone at Nabiac had backed out of a driveway, 'without due care', taking out the back of the Chrysler and the front of the Astronaut.
The insurance was still being resolved, but as seems to be the case with old vans it was considered a write off. The new owner was pretty confident it would be repaired after the payout, probably in Brisbane, so I hope that is the case - they don't make 'em anymore, can't afford to loose any!

So, I'm back to a big open driveway I could park about 6 cars in, but not for long. Monday will see a 4 post hoist installed where the bondwood used to reside and I intend putting it to good use. Having become a Septuagenarian recently I decided I'm too old for this rolling around the ground caper so we will see how this works out.

Hopefully there will be an old van in my future again, the 'right' one for my old Vauxhall to take to shows and outings is out there somewhere, no tripping about the countryside though due to Barbara's poor health.

Cheers
George
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

All the best to you and Barb George. Hope we catch up some time.
The MG TC is still going well, I just don`t get it out of the shed often enough.

John. :D :D :D :D